The Buy & Show Program provides a monetary rebate to juniors who purchase their own Charolais or Char-cross heifer or steer, with additional money available if the purchased animal is then used as a show heifer or steer.
- Youth must be a registered Canadian Charolais Youth Association member at time of purchase and when the application for a rebate is submitted
- Applicant may buy a female or steer at an auction sale or private purchase, however a copy of the bill of sale in the junior’s name must be provided to be eligible for the program
- Female or steer can be either a commercial Charolais cross at least 50% or a purebred Charolais A $50 rebate is available at time of purchase with the proof of purchase
- If shown within 365 days at a recognized junior show (e.g. 4-H) another $50 rebate is available – photo proof of the heifer at the show must provided
- CCYA Conference & Show counts as a junior show and earns a $25 bonus will be awarded
- $125 is the maximum monetary value available for a year in this program
- Limit of one animal per year per junior